Monday, February 18, 2008

Biting the Bullet

Okay okay, I know the first post is the hardest so I'm just going to get it over with. Hi, I'm Alison. I've finally decided to try my hand at some vegan blogging. I tend to go off on tangents fairly quickly, so I wouldn't be surprised if I talk 20% vegan, 80% random crap. But I'll try my best to stay focused. Oooh, look, a water bottle!! Oh, sorry.

I feel kind of bad for starting this blog out with a horrible, overexposed, no-natural-light photo of a fairly bland meal, but I guess it's better than nothing for now. This was my early dinner last night after my 2 hour bus ride from my mum's house in the Central Coast, back to my house in central Sydney (trains weren't working on the weekend, which is nothing unusual!).



Wholemeal penne pasta with vegan coriander pesto (psst, that's cilantro for pretty much every one else).

I used to buy the most amazing vegan pesto in North London when I was living there, and it took me quite a while to find any when I moved back to Australia. Finally I found this at a supermarket in Newtown and nearly cried from happiness. I also like to use it as a base for pita bread pizzas. I will post the brand name when I manage to get close to the fridge again.

Anyway, looks aside, it was yum, so much so that I ate all of what I cooked, even though the plan was to have leftover to take to work today (thought I must admit, I don't think there was quite enough for 2 serves there).

Generally, my night meal is a big salad. And I do mean BIG. I will have to take a photo one night just to demonstrate. I have been spending my evenings after work at the gym, and it's such an awesome thing to chow down on after a work out.

Anyway, I actually do have some real nice photos from some desserts my mum and I tried out this weekend, and I am itching to start doing more cooking of my own. Hope you'll come back to read my rambles about it!

No comments: