Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yeah I know, what a terrible blogger I am. But I will get back into the swing of things, I promise! I am currently unemployed so I have lots of time on my hands. To start off is a pic above of some cinnamon and sugar pita crisps made by 'Ricci's Bikkies'. I was really craving some of Stacy's Tuscan pita chips (which also come in a cinnamon sugar flavour that I never tried). Fresh & Wild in Stoke Newington, London, stocked them for a short while back in 2006-2007, and they were AMAZING (albeit imported and expensive, as is most things at F&W). I spotted the kind of similar version of Ricci's a couple of days ago at the supermarket, and figured it was the closest thing I was going to find (although I wanted savoury, not sweet!). I'm sure I can easily recreate the cinnamon/sugar flavoured ones, but I would have to work pretty hard to recreate the pesto and dried tomato-ey goodness of Stacey's. And as yet I can't find anywhere that sells them online who will post to Australia. Le sigh.

What I liked about Ricci's baggie of pitas is that on the nutritional label it said there was 2 servings per pack. I'm getting so used to seeing packs suggest that half a biscuit or something is one serving, so it was a relief to see something suggesting 3 or 4 slices as the serving - that's MY kind of snack! And right they were - they were gone in 2 sittings.

No comments: